What Preschool Accreditation Means for Preschools in Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Pinecrest, FL, South Miami
Many people think that preschool and daycare are all about fun and play. But there is a lot of brain development that happens during this time. This is why parents are encouraged to find a preschool that has the atmosphere, programs, and facilities they are looking for and has accreditation. The Margaux Early Childhood School is accredited by The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), one of the top accreditations available.
Here are some of the top questions about accreditation for preschools.
- Where is the accreditation from? The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research.
- What needs to be done to receive accreditation? The process starts with an extensive self-study and quality-improvement process. The NAEYC assessors then visit the center to ensure the center’s programs meet each of the ten program standards. These include relationships, curriculum, teaching, assessment of child progress, health, staff competencies/preparation/support, families, community relationships, physical environment and leadership and management.
- Is the accreditation challenging to receive? Yes! Less than 10 percent of all childcare centers, preschools, and kindergartens nationally achieve this recognition. Nevertheless, we are proud to have this accreditation that shows our dedication to our school and the programs.
- How is the accreditation monitored? Centers maintain their accreditation through unannounced quality-assurance visits for the duration of the accreditation term of five years.
- What is the benefit of NAEYC accreditation? The accreditation shows parents and caregivers that the Margaux Early Childhood School maintains a quality level of teaching and program standards. As a result, parents can expect their child to have a sense of individual worth, a child development curriculum, ongoing assessments, nutrition and health promotion, a safe environment, and the desire to provide the highest quality experiences.
- What does this mean for parents and caregivers interested in Margaux Early Childhood School? First, it means you know this is a great school to come tour! We know that children need a caring, safe and nurturing environment. But they also need encouragement at such an essential part of their learning development. And, if there are any learning challenges, our teachers can recognize them through the ongoing assessments to make sure your child gets the assistance they need.
If you have any other questions regarding the NAEYC accreditation or anything else regarding our programs, we encourage you to call or visit our school. We also love to answer any questions, so please call us for more information about our accredited preschool in Coral Gables, South Miami, Coconut Grove, Pinecrest, and surrounding areas.